Monday, July 9, 2018

Day 2


  Today, for the second time of my two days of the internship, I was late. :(
Tomorrow, I Think that I will leave at least a half-hour early, just to try and make it on time!

  When I finally got here, I met with Dave Messenger and got the run down on what we are going to do in the "Document Restoration Lab." There are many options of what to do with these six weeks, such as working on a rickety camera, improving its software and such, as well as analyzing historical documents and collections data with the program ENVI55.

 Since I do not yet know Python, today I am attempting to use ENVI55 to inspect two old maps, one from 17th century China, the other from medieval England. It is not going very well... I wasn't initially that great at using ENVI, I basically just clicked around randomly, hoping for something to happen. After a while off that, Dave Messenger finally came back and showed how to use some of the tools. Now, I am much more capable at touching up the images to see the faded writings and drawings!

Today was fun, and I a really excited to learn more about Document Restoration, and coding in Python!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 28-29

Days 28 and 29 were spent on modifying the presentation. Yesterday, we did a dry run in front of our advisors and fellow interns. Before tha...