Thursday, July 26, 2018

Day 15

Day 15!

Today I worked more on using ENVI to analyze the Italian Palimpsest. I spent most of the day on it, and my time yielded more  results  than yesterday. I actually got the writing from underneath to become more legible! It is not ideal yet, but I hope that with more work I can pull the writing from underneath almost entirely, on the entire mosaicked palimpsest from Hudson.
I still cannot understand fourteenth century Italian, but I can recognize some letters! We are starting to think that the way we are analyzing it (shown to the right) is actually situated upside down.  This theory is due to the fact that there are clear accents depicted, which should be above the letters, yet are beneath them in the way we have been processing the palimpsest.
Hudson and I started to work on the outline to our presentation today, which is due on Monday. We plan to improve it tomorrow, as we get more of an idea as to what the rest of the summer entails. It is hard to believe that we are already half way through the internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 28-29

Days 28 and 29 were spent on modifying the presentation. Yesterday, we did a dry run in front of our advisors and fellow interns. Before tha...