Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 24

Today Hudson wasn't here because he had soccer try-outs. Because of his absences, I did not do any drastic work on the presentation. Not that I would have anyway, because I spent most of today with Tania. First, we went to the University of Rochester to drop off some test imaging sheets, and see their imaging system. The imaging system they have there is far more larger, (and much more expensive) with more lights, a better camera. However, they are aparently having issues with the program that runs their imaging system.

After that, Tania, Emma (who accompanied us on this adventure) and I went to Home Depot in search for a part for the frame we are building. What we need is a piece that will attach the extremely sensitive spectral probe- which cannot withstand any pressure or bending, to a moving plate designed for fine movements. That plate is attached to a sliding piece which moves along the diagonal beam.

Unfortunately, we could not find any parts that would suffice, so now I am drawing plans for a piece that would work for our purpose with the hopes of getting it 3D printed. I have a few ideas that may work, but I will have to consult with Tania tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 28-29

Days 28 and 29 were spent on modifying the presentation. Yesterday, we did a dry run in front of our advisors and fellow interns. Before tha...